Loading Events
This event has passed.

Tour this two-story stone structure that served as the fourth jail for Gillespie County, organized in 1848. It was constructed by the firm of C. F. Priess and Bro. in 1885. The ground floor housed a holding area and living quarters for the jailer. The second floor had two steelclad cells located against the east wall and maximum security cells in the center and at the back. The building was used as a county jail facility until 1939. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1980. Credit card payments can be accepted online or at the Pioneer Museum or the Vereins Kirche. Cash payments accepted at the jail.

Go to Top