During peach season, many of the orchards in the area offer visitors the opportunity to pick their own peaches straight from the trees. This is a popular activity for families and individuals alike and provides a unique and memorable experience. Additionally, many of the orchards also offer farm stands where visitors can purchase fresh peaches, as well as other locally grown produce and homemade goods.
The annual Stonewall Peach JAMboree is also held during the peak of peach season in Stonewall, Texas. This festival celebrates the area’s peach heritage and features a variety of activities, including live music, a parade, a peach baking contest, and plenty of fresh peaches and peach-related treats to enjoy.
Gillespie County is home to several varieties of peaches. Each variety has its own unique flavor and texture, so it’s worth trying a few to see which ones you like best. Here are some of the most common types of peaches you can find during the peak peach season:
- Red Skin Elberta: The Red Skin Elberta is a popular variety of peach in Gillespie County. It has bright red skin and a yellow flesh that is firm, juicy, and flavorful. It is excellent for eating fresh and is also commonly used for canning and baking.
- Ranger: The Ranger peach is a firm and juicy freestone peach with a sweet, tangy flavor. It has a yellow flesh and a red skin with a slight fuzz.
- Harvester: The Harvester is a large, round peach with a firm, sweet flesh that is excellent for eating fresh, canning, or baking. It has red and yellow skin with a velvety texture.
- Loring: The Loring peach is a large, juicy, and sweet peach with yellow flesh and a red skin. It has a mild flavor and is perfect for eating fresh or making desserts.
- Overall, peach season in Gillespie County is a wonderful time to visit the area and experience the region’s agricultural heritage while enjoying delicious and juicy peaches.
- Summerprince: The Summerprince peach is a popular variety in Gillespie County, with a yellow flesh that is firm and juicy. It has red and yellow skin with a slight fuzz and is excellent for eating fresh or making desserts.
Overall, peach season in Gillespie County is a popular time of year for locals and visitors alike, offering a delicious taste of summer and a chance to experience the region’s rich agricultural heritage.
Come enjoy Fredericksburg and our scrumptious Gillespie County peaches. We are currently offering some GREAT SUMMERTIME RATES!!!
Book Direct to save third party listing fees. Hint: The best rates are ALWAYS on our website.